I think I’ve procrastinated enough… So here’s the photos I took during the Los dan Faun set visit. Truth be told, I was there not for the shoot, or to become extras. but to see how they trick us, how they set up the cameras, the lightings, everything behind the scene. And know what, I got more than I bargained for. I got to meet the person whom I used to adore so much, Aziz M Osman.
Got a stab in my heart when the 1st thing he said upon meeting us is, how bloggers hates him and/or his work. I have to admit, I was one of those who criticized him. Especially after his article in a newspaper’s forum. The conversation afterwards was equally enthralling, as Afdlin, Aziz and Hans chatted about their work. Listening to that, justifies all the wait and boredom. Not to mention seeing the way they create magic with ingeniously simple tricks, such as framing, lighting, color grading, and such.
Now, I’m thinking of joining Afdlin‘s crew for one main reason (there are other reasons, but this overshadows them) : He had a 5 star catering service, at least for that day. I still regret that I didn’t take more of the Fried Rice. My stomach’s rumbling to the tune of My Humps everytime I recall that night.
Okay, before I go to grab something to eat, here’s the photos I said earlier.
- Afdlin: Ye Kodok-kodok, ini la yang dinamakan kamera. Apa dia Kodok-Kodok?
- Afdlin explaining how he manages to torture his crew while still being loved by them.
- Aidil AF3 was auditioning for a cameo role in LDF…
- The trusty clapboard for LDF
- Shima, busy as ever, setting up the screen.
- For those technogeeks who want to know…
- This was supposedly a photo of Kodoks, except for the one in blue. She was an actual customer of the stall, in the open set.
- The first Kodokians whom I met that day.
- Charlie’s Kodoks
- Anne, doing part time as a waitress for the mamak stall
- I owe these guys the ride home, or I would be stuck at the second location.
- Sepantas-pantas tauke warung tu buat air, laju lagi tangan Shima.
- The PRAP, The Director, The Actor, and The Director’s PA (i don’t know if she’s also an AP in this film). Yang pakai seluar biru tu tak puas hati cuma nampak siku dia je dalam scene tadi.
- Hunk Tuah photo session.
- I don’t know how this could be a name for a Tokong Cina. Could anybody translate the chinese writing for me?
- The best katering I’ve ever found in a location before. Still makes me hungry thinking about it.
- Afldin’s two princesses playing around. didn’t get a closer shot, Anais’ afraid of me, I think.
- Aziz M Osman, Adlin Aman Ramli, coming for the shoot. Adlin plays Faun, while Aziz did a cameo. Los Played by Hans.
- The hottest seat during the shoot.